1. Who is your favourite female visual novel character?
Makise Kurisu from STEINS;GATE- she’s strong-willed, intelligent and a tsundere. These qualities are somewhat rare in visual novels.
2. Who is your favourite male visual novel character?
Kazami Yuuji from Grisaia no Kajitsu- his past is intriguing and he gives good advice (read his conversation with Makina in the demo).
3. Which character is the cutest?
Hanako Ikezawa from Katawa Shoujo- I just go hnghhhhh every time I see her.
4. What is your favourite visual novel soundtrack (or song)?
Umineko no Naku Koro ni- the soundtrack throughout the games are consistently mindblowing. The soundtrack I listen to the most often is Kud Wafter and its arrange album, Albina ~Assorted Kudwaf Songs~.
5. Which is your favourite visual novel opening animation?
6. What qualities in a VN character do you gravitate most towards?
It’s strange because I like both happy-go-lucky and shy characters. I tend to like shy characters because I empathise with them so well.
7. Which character in a VN is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Hanako (again) and Shiori Misaka from Kanon. I enjoy reading books and I’m quite shy especially towards strangers. I also love cute things and desserts (ice cream included). Instead of a traumatic past, my health has been rather problematic, but it’s much better now.
8. Who is your favourite VN Artist?
9. What is your favourite thing about visual novel/eroge?
Being able to spend time with your favourite heroines and the amazing vocal music.
10. Why do girls play eroge targeted at a male demographic?
That is an interesting question that many people are curious to find out the answer. As Aaeru said, my reason is also for the cute girls. I have played Starry Sky ~in Spring~ but I started to miss the bishoujo, haha. Another reason is to learn how to be a good waifu~
11. What is one thing you would eliminate from all VNs to make them more perfect?
Nukige that no one wants to play. If I was to be more strict, I would say H-scenes but Supipara taught as that these are vital to fans, no matter how big the company.
12. Do you think you’ll ever stop playing VNs?
I can’t deny that it’s a possibility, but I’m not quitting any time soon.
13. Are you open about the fact that you play VNs with people you know?
I do recommend them to some people- but they just turn them down as simply ‘reading games’ which is quite a shame. I think that it’s nice to be able to talk about these things, even with people that you don’t know in real life.
14. Which visual novel was the biggest let down for you?
Wanko to Kurasou. That was just so bad.
15. Name one VN nobody-has-played that you would recommend for others.
Rose Guns Days- I only saw one other VN person tweeting about it when the demo was released. It’s got a solid story and a lot of action to keep you playing. And Ryukishi07 only draws a few characters so the art is more appealing.
Questions were by Aaeru, please answer them if you’ve got time because it’s really interesting to read through the answers~